Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Web Comics for assignment topic?




This is probably the first time ever that i was assigned to read a web comic by "any" of my professor's. Im  guessing its probably due to his obsession with webcomics. I get the feeling that he hopes to share his enthusiasm with the rest of the class! Dont get me wrong, i love comics! but i would have to admit that im more familiar with Japanese genre compared to the western style comics. So here i am supposedly writting my impression on this particular comic strip which has little dialogue and no clear plot unless you read them as a whole. I got this particullar comic strip from http://www.abominable.cc/ its done by the author Carl Kerschl, its a series of webcomics updated weekly talking about the life of a yeti like creature and his interactions with other animals in the jungle hence the title "The Abominable Charles Christopher". Im going to talk about this web comic a bit so i hope you bare with me:)
Overall i liked the illustrations its almost lifelike (the animals obviously!) its beautifully drawn and detailed, the author must had real animals as refference in order to draw something as detailed as this. The 4 sections portrays the interaction between what looks like an otter and a really nasty swan (I never really liked swans), and to sum it up this is why: swans are obnoxious! they squawk, peck and whats worst: they chase after you! i had an embarassing encounter with this "devil like avian" once and trust me its enough to make me hate them, even though im generally an animal lover! I give a thumbs up to Carl Kerschl in portraying this obnoxious bird perfectly (in my oppinion) I guess thats all i can comment on this particullar strip so little yeah? i know.. thats the only think i can think off its only four strips afterall, ill try to do better next time unless i want to get less than a C for this project.. Theres more comic strips to come until the end of the semester so ill be posting more updates from this site weekly. Anyways thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment